Roll Cleaning is Critically Important to Milling or Flaking in Cereal Manufacturing
Kadant Solutions has been around for over 100 years and what started with a few pulp and paper customers, now involves customers from dozens of process industries. Everything from metal production to roofing shingles, synthetic fiber extrusion to vinyl flooring, and now cereal manufacturing has benefited from the roll cleaning technology we continue to design and innovate.
Cereal manufacturing parallels these industries in that the rolls and belts used in the process need to be continuously cleaned. When it comes to the milling or flaking part of the cereal process, roll cleaning is critically important…
- If the scraping blade doesn’t remove 100% of the raw material, yield losses can mount up.
- If the scraping blade doesn’t remove 100% of the raw material, nip pressures can increase and damage the machine.
- As blade pressure is increased to ensure 100% product removal, blades wear faster and can contribute to unacceptably high contaminates.
The bad news: Each of these scenarios costs the cereal manufacturer time and money.
The good news: Kadant Solutions has been helping manufacturers overcome these challenges for decades.
- Patented blade holder solutions allow for thin blades to be loaded to rolls
- Numerous blade materials are available. For example, if you are accustomed to using a traditional thick blade in your flaking mill, you may find a ProFlake™ blade offers superior performance and return on investment.
- HACCP International food safe certified