Blade Tips for Food Flaking Applications
Typically, roll cleaning is used to prevent contaminants from getting into the finished product. With the flaking process, application-specific flaking blades provide a different function. For example, in potato starch flaking the goal is to efficiently remove product from the roll and generate maximum yield.
Watch this video for blade tips for food flaking applications.
A few tips optimizing flaker blades include:
- Use a HAACP International food safe flaker blade.
- Using a thin blade to maximize conformability.
- Use a holder that allows fast blade changes.
- Determine the lightest load pressure possible to maximize blade life and minimize drum surface wear.
- Partner with a blade expert to ensure you are using the blade material most optimal for your process.
Check out the ProTip series on Kadant’s YouTube channel for more helpful tips.